Monday, May 11, 2009

Wool Sampler Applique

Not only do I love to quilt but I love to work with wool! This was a shop sample done on black flannel and wool applique. I love black but it picks up so much lint and hair that I've stayed away from big projects with black backgrounds. This one was OK, because it is all done by machine buttonhole stitch and never had to leave my sewing room. I really liked the black flannel as the background and it is much cheaper then wool too! The pattern is by Lisa Bongean at Primitive Gatherings.
The quilt shop owner was having a hard time getting the rest of the wool so it is missing a border.



9 comments:

  1. I have a complete block of the month set of wool snowmen blocks to do. The wool is to be appliqued onto flannel. I just haven't started it yet. Your sampler is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love that wool from Primitive Gatherings. I love shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! Is it appliqued on cotton flannel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely gorgeous! What shop were you doing the sample for? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one, too. My dog is black and doesn't shed but my cat has a lot of white and does, so I'll have to just enjoy pictures of black quilts. And I do enjoy them!

    And I should have reread the post before I left the comment last time. I love that one block quilt just as is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never worked in wool apart from a pincushion. It must be lovely to stitch. You always have great stuff to show on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! I love black on quilts, but I've never used it for a background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just stumbled onto this quilt!! I LOVE, LOVE it!! You did an incredible job on it! I am going to keep my eye open for the pattern! Well done (better late than never!)
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an early post that I stumbled on. I love that quilt!!!! Have considered making it so many times! Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!