Thursday, September 17, 2009

I've Got the Blues

I've been mulling over what to do with President George Washington. About the time I got the panel, I read on Barbara Brackman's blog that buff (tan) and blue (Prussian blue) were the colors of the American Revolutionary war uniform. Of course, even then the American flags were different depending on what state you were from. Regardless of the accuracy I knew I wanted to use the brighter blues in the quilt. I started seeing bright blues in old or reproduction quilts. Here are a few examples.

Blue resist wholecloth quilt. So vibrant!

Reproduction quilt called Papa's Pipe Tobacco made by Jill Reid from Baum's Dargate Prussian Blue line. You can find the free pattern here.

This was on eBay. What a beauty!
It amazes me how bright these blues can still be after so many years.





I am hoping to get the first border on in the next few days.

3 comments:

  1. "Rolling Stone" is the traditional block name I have always used for the block in "Papa's Pipe Tobacco."

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful blues!! The wholecloth quilt is simply marvelous. I also really like the one on ebay - did it have a date for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts, love the fabric on the wholecloth and I'd happily own the one from ebay.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!