Friday, February 1, 2013

2013 and Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

2013 will be the final year for the The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. There is a high possibility that fundraising for this grass roots organization will reach the $1,000,000 mark this year. I think it is amazing and it happened because one lovely lady had a vision of helping to find a cure for this terrible disease.
This photo speaks volumes.
Ami and her mother, Beebe, in 2006, shortly after AAQI began.

To get the full update with final dates you can check out this page.

Here are three more quilts waiting for their registration numbers. I quilted and bound these on my trip.

I have made the $1000 promise which does not include the quilts Kathie makes and I finish. I figure I'll have 6 more quilts to make to reach that personal goal. I hope you'll support me buy purchasing my quilts.
As usual, I will be sure to let you know when mine come up for sale.

Thanks you Ami for all your hard work and love put into AAQI!!






10 comments:

  1. You have been a dedicated warrior in this battle against Alzheimer's, Lori. I hope to purchase another one of your quilts before this is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Lori, you have done a great job supporting and spreading the word about this wonderful cause. As always your quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proof that grassroots projects work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how one woman who had an idea and made it happen. I have so much admiration for Ami and all the people that helped her reach her dream. I admire all your work you have done to support this program too to honor your mom.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. One fantastic women's vision.
    She has done such an amazing job of raising awarness and you have personally contributed so much for cause.
    Would love to know at the end how much all your quilts raised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a wonderful thing for a wonderful cause and something I would like to do in the future.
    I like the idea of making small quilts to donate for a charity.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Lori. What a project Ami started. Don't forget to let ud know when yours are up for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all have done an amazing job bringing awareness of this dreadful disease! Well done! Your little quilts are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have also participated for several years in this worthy and wonderful effort. But I mostly stopped by to tell you how amazing your quilts are from the blog Anne posted at Cottons n' Wool. What a show, you should really be proud...your work is stunning! Congratulations on the exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is chocked full of eye candy! --Jean jmmarston@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!