Monday, July 7, 2014

Highlights of Boston

 We went on a whirlwind trip to Boston and thankfully we are flexible! Last year on July 4, I saw a photo of a friend who was at Fenway park and I decided then and there that I wanted to do that for 2014.

We made it! It rained most of the afternoon on July 4th, so the game was postponed until the 5th. Look at what a beautiful day it was!




 Here we are at the Bleacher Bar! (Lying beneath the bleachers in center field, a few feet from Ted Williams Red Seat, is newest addition to Fenway. A unique bar, where the patrons are treated to not only great food and drink, but an unprecedented baseball experience. With a window that looks directly through center-field and into the park, it is the only view of its kind.)

I spotted this woman decked out in Sox gear and commented to her about it. She was so wonderful. Her name is Lynne Smith and she was voted number 1 Red Sox fan. You can read a short article HERE.


Thanks for the rain Hurricane Arthur! We brought our rain jackets and we didn't let a couple of inches of rain ruin our day.



We saw the sites on the Freedom Trail.




Saw where lots of history was made.



 Tried my first oyster shooter at the historic Union Oyster House.

Saw the famous finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Enjoyed canolli's from Bova's bakery in Little Italy.
We had a little canolli taste test with Mike's pastry. (Bova was the winner)

I adored the architecture. When you take the subway you miss a lot. We walked at least 15 miles in the two days we were here. I had to work off the cannoli somehow didn't I? LOL






21 comments:

  1. Never been to Boston but would love to. History, architecture and baseball. Go Big Papi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite city. Glad you had fun.
    The architecture always amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston is one of the best cities to explore, have fun in, and eat all kinds of delicious treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photos....brought back wonderful memories...boston was my home town for quite a while....my DD and used to go to the feasts in the north end in august and went to bova's walking back to our car...9 pm at night and were completely safe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the lovely visit! It makes me want to go too! It's been way too many years since I've been to Boston. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Boston, it has so much to see and do....I got to live near there
    back in the 70's. Their fine arts museum is one of the finest in the country.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you had a great time - it's a great city to work in. I work near the harbor (or haabaa, to be linguistically correct) and often get the smell of the ocean in the morning walking to my building - nice way to start the day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you made some great memories--and all the rain makes it even more memorable!
    Everyone I know who has been, loves it. Hopefully my turn comes next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. Don't you wish the walls and ground could talk. I would like some time travel to be able to experience all that history first hand. I bet the Sox are missing Jacoby. Do they hate him because he left?
    Thanks again for the photos. Dotha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fans easily forget and move on to their next favorite player.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a fun-filled two days. I've only been to the airport and rode thru Boston on my way to Maine. :( Thanks for a peek at what I've been missing! How was the oyster? You didn't look too excited about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so FUN, except for the Oyster... And this week you get to be at Sister's. Enjoy. What a month you are having already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You packed a lot into a short trip. Looks like a lot of fun. Boston looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like it was a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for a great photo tour of Boston! Looks like you had a great trip. I hope you brought some cannoli home with you! Bova's of course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos of our beautiful, historic city.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great virtual tour of Boston! Looks like you had a great time and saw a lot. Would love to visit back east at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  18. really fun! I was just there for the Boston Museums quilt exhibit - looks like you had a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I loved Boston when I visited there! I'm glad you made it to Mike's Pastries! It is a highlight of my trip!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!