Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Beauville Textiles

I am completely under the weather. Am going in for a covid test this afternoon. I don't get sick often and I have been completely miserable. I've had my Mill Girls quilt downstairs to hand sew the binding and I've been too weak to pick it up! I have not been around my kids at all, so it's a fluke that we all got sick about the same time. I was in an airport and airplanes most of the day on Friday and I'm sure that is where I picked it up. 

This blog is a repost of some amazing textiles. 


In the fall of 2015 I was able to see these amazing and beautiful antique textiles by 
Beauville  on display in Alsace. 








 They were selling scrap bags and I really didn't think I had room for them. Mary Kovall said I must! So I did!
This backing is from that bag of Beauville scraps. Such a fun memory when I look through these fabrics.

Quilts and fabric are so much more than a "blanket" for warmth. Each piece of fabric is associated with a person, place or memory that makes it special.

Have a lovely week, dear friends.

19 comments:

  1. The piece in the first picture is a gorgeous one. Scrap bags.....I can see why you purchased one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been sorting through fabric lately. I have so much fabric that brings me joy and good memories. I love it when that special piece makes its way into a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely fabric and great advice! I'd do what Mary Koval said too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, Lori! In 1997 I did my very first trip to U.S., where I fell in love with the world of quilts! I bought a handful of fat quarter. During this twenty years I made every effort to learn how to make a quilt, and right now I'm not an expert but I find joy in every little work I have done. Every small scrap of this fabrics still reminds me of this wonderful trip!
    Your scrap bags is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH so pretty! Each quilt reminds me of what I was doing at the time I was making it, along with special fabrics...quilts become memories for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary is good at encouraging us to appreciate history in fabric. Yeah Mary! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I think it is a good thing you listened to Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed seeing the fabrics.I was fortunate in 2013 to visit the States and went to Mary's store. I fell in love with a quilt Mary had on the wall.Mary had a kit, which I have since made.It is my memory of fall in your country.JulieQ (a longtime friend) comment is so true for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love fabrics with a story!
    those large prints are so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful prints! Please let us know how you are. When I got my Covid booster the other day, the technician said there's a lot of flu going around. Is your daughter ill too? I know you brought soup for your son. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing! Hope you are very soon on the mend. (appropriate word for us who sew!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sad you are so very ill! Best wishes and prayers for a quick, complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really sorry for you. Good luck in the fight against covid. I love your little quilt with lovely fabrics. Soon Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel better soon. Please take care. I loved seeing these fabulous fabrics again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fabrics! Hope you are feeling better--take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful fabric! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!