Friday, July 14, 2017

The Modern Side of Sisters Quilt Show

There were so many modern  and liberated style quilts at the Sisters Show so that's my focus today. Although I don't do them myself, I can appreciate them. They do make me smile.

Portland Modern Quilt Guild had an wonderful exhibit with this being one of them. I love the quote!

This quilt was made by Kristen Shields. I thought I took a photo of the complete quilt, but I can't find it now. I love the use of the reproduction and modern fabric....side by side- it's perfect! It was a log cabin challenge quilt and you can see the whole thing (and more!) at Kristen's blog- HERE
A fun Beatles quilt.
This one was a 365 block a day for a year quilt. That was very ambitious!
I thought this one was very sweet with the plaid sashing, 1/4 and 1/2 blocks.


Here's my Instagram feed for the week.

Oh my! It has been the longest busiest week I've had in a long time. Every night I've been exhausted and now I understand why hubby falls asleep in his chair after dinner. I've got the weekend to recuperate then on to another busy crazy work week next week too! Then the next week is our Alaska cruise!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these wonderful quilts. Hope this next week will be a little less crazy for you. Have a great cruise to Alaska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. always like to see how the "other side" is sewing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a fun part of the show with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see how using repro fabrics in a modern setting gives such different results

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of quilts that we (you) saw!! I think my favorite is the cd player--- I never saw that one.
    Thanks for filling in my experience!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting quilts. The Beatles quilt is a fun study. I still am not particularly into modern quilts but can appreciate the work involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was perusing the fascinating quilts in your post and then it all left me when I saw that you are cruising Alaska. I am jealous, but happy for you. I look forward to a report of that experience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the peek at the quilts from the show in Sisters! A trip there is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for sharing the Sisters Quilt Show. I love the last quilt with the plaid sashing; the block is "Dove in the Window", at least that's what the pattern I have calls it. I feed lots of big white winged doves everyday in my back yard, and they always bang on my windows if "supper" is late. I hope to make that quilt some day! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved all the quilts with words :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the 2nd one - really bright!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!